Hey there, friend!
Are you shy or introverted?
Do you struggle with social anxiety?
Do you have goals for building your self esteem, self love, and self care?
Do you ever feel like you just don’t fit in?
Do social situations ever make you wish you were at home with a good book?
If any of these sounds like you, you are in good company!
I made this blog for anyone who seeks to:
- Live into your authentic and amazing self
- Make meaningful friendships
- Be happy
- Live your best life
- Enjoy the journey
- Be present and fulfilled
- Find your purpose
- Set appropriate boundaries
- Get to know and love yourself
Join me, and let’s explore these matters together!
You’ve come to the right place, friend! Welcome to my cozy, quiet corner of the web.
I’ve wrestled with all of these things: finding myself, my vocation, and the life I love.
I’ve made plenty of mistakes, and I’m still learning.
I love connecting with others, and have a heart for your struggles.
I know what it’s like to be bullied, broken, and to feel like you don’t quite fit in.
I can walk beside you, and we will make it through together!
As a reader of this site, here’s what you can expect from me:
- Updates with new posts at least once a week
- Useful advice
- Book/movie reviews
- Ideas about how to deal with unique challenges of being a shy, anxious, introverted woman
I look forward to journeying with you on the path to self discovery, love, and an amazing, bold, confident life!
Who’s the shy girl behind “Shy Girl, Thriving?”
Introducing Suzanne Berger…
Hey there! I’m the creator of Shy Girl, Thriving.
I’ve always been shy and introverted. When I was child, I remember thinking, “Who will speak up for those of us who have a harder time speaking up for ourselves?” I’ve spent years of my life pondering how to do just that.
I’ve noticed that feeling connected to others is a difficult but important goal. My hope is that by sharing my story, I can help others feel more connected and not so alone in the universe. 🙂
Fun facts about me:
- I love all genres of movies
- I have curly, red hair (which I hated as a child but have learned to love!)
- I feel connected to the ocean
- My favorite color is purple
- I’m a huge Disney fan
- I love ranch dressing
- I grew up in Atlanta, GA and now live in Dallas, TX
- I studied creative writing in college and later attended seminary
- I like to draw
- I’m a proud INFJ
- I love reality TV, and have watched every episode of the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise